.

.

Monday, 1 November 2010

Ooh La La - Remember Remember

Well another fortnight rushes on by and that must mean it is time for another challenge at Ooh La La Creations.  I would just like to say thank you so much to all those of you who enter the challenges at Ooh La La - you are such a talented bunch.  Remember to visit the challenge blog and see who the top 3 were.
So onto the next challenge which is entitled:
REMEMBER REMEMBER
Now when I first saw the title of this challenge I thought about Bonfire Night but I couldn't settle on anything I was happy with so I went away and thought about it for a while.  Eventually I was flicking through the images on Watercolour Memories and saw the calendars and Bingo I knew what I was going to do.  So I printed off one of the large calendars for the month of January and placed a pink self adhesive star on the 18th.  That is the date of the birthday of a very dear friend of my Mum's and she had asked me to make a card for her to send so I combined the two ideas. 
The papers I have used are from the same CD from the Country Church 2 folder (as is the insert).  I used one piece of DP as the background and then cut two pieces from the other DP and matted them onto irridescent purple card.  I also matted the calendar on the same card. 
I added Mum's friend's name and a Happy Birthday.........
.......... and then finished off with some purple gems and a purple bow.  I'm quite pleased with how it turned out and I hope I have shown you that the theme doesn't just mean Bonfire Night (although if that's what you want to do you can - the choice is yours).
Please stop by the rest of the DT (links on the Design Team Page at the top) and have a look at their fabulous creations and I look forward to seeing all your wonderful entries.
Thanks so much for stopping by.

5 comments:

  1. Wow Dawn this is just beautiful and the papers are TDF! I'll have to check out Watercolor Memories
    Debs
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dawn

    what a brilliant idea, love it. I'm sure she will love it.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever idea! This is so pretty. Love it. Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dawn, wow this is wonderful, the colours are so gorgeous, hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit. Please leave me a comment and let me know what you thought - it really does mean an awful lot.
Have a lovely day!
Hugs
Dawn xx