Thursday, 6 February 2014

Crafty Ribbons Challenge - We're Back!!

Hello my lovelies.
I do hope you are all still out there and wanting to join in with our challenges again this year.
We had a long break over Christmas, time to recharge our batteries and enjoy time with our families etc.
I hope you all had a fabulous Festive Season and your New Year is off to a good start too.
Thank you to those of you who took part in our Advent Event, I am sure all our winners are now enjoying their winnings! YAY!!
We have a few changes coming up for this year but I'll tell you about them another time.
I am sure you will like them though. **smiles**
So let's get the show on the road shall we.
As this is our first challenge of the year we wanted to come back with a bang.
So all of the three teams have made creations for this challenge. So why not pop on over to the Crafty Ribbons Challenge blog and have a look at the inspiration my team mates have come up with for you.
So, here is what I have on offer this week.
I needed a birthday present for my Mum.  I'm a bit skint after Christmas (what with buying the odd little thing for Carter!! Lol) so I wanted to do something a bit different.
So during last year I bought this box from Cuddly Buddly
I had forgotten it was a Napkin Box (may have to add a pack of lovely napkins in there too then!)
I decided to jazz it up a bit.
So here you go:
The top:
Now on here I have used three different ribbons and a funky fibre.
All the ribbons can be found at Crafty Ribbons
I have used Wide Satin Ribbon, narrow satin ribbon and wire edged tafetta ribbon all in shades of purple.

Three of the sides are like this:
The papers are some that I have had for simply ages and I can't remember what make they are but they fitted with my colour scheme perfectly.
The three little flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts. I bought them a while back now during one of their fab sales.
Then the front side of the box looks like this:
Again this is from Wild Orchid Crafts, again bought in their most recent sale.
So here is a closer look at the arrangement on the top:
The sprigs of heather, the flowers, the diddy rosebuds and the twirly stems are all from Wild Orchid Crafts
The two feathers are from a lady on FB and the three little resin roses (you can see them in the top pic) I had from Jude via FB (thanks hunni).
So folks there you have it.
My napkin box for my Mum's birthday.  I hope she likes it.
Can't wait to see what you all have on offer for us this week.
Enjoy and have fun.


Claire said...

Love how you have transformed this box - gorgeous colour and pretty embellishments. Hugs, Claire x

Laura said...

This is fab Dawn :)

Vicky said...

Gorgeous hun..:o)

biggest of hugs Vicky xx

Kate T said...

this is just so pretty, Kate x